Monday, January 28, 2008

A Bit of Comedy

I thought I would bring in some comic relief from Glenn Beck.

Vote Fluffenfluff

Audio Available:

January 28, 2008 - 13:56 ET


With Nerf Hoffelmeyer pulling out of the race early this year, radio host Jim Dingle has fully thrown his support behind Floyd Fluffinfluff.

GLENN: I don't know about you but I think one of the things, I think the reason people are having such a hard time knowing who to vote for is you don't know who to trust because they are all telling you exactly what they think you want to hear and, you know, I don't want to hear anything specifically except what you really, truly think the problems of the world are and what you really, truly believe the solutions are. Not what you think I want the problems to be or the solutions to be but what you really truly believe. But I don't think any candidate could ever have enough guts. I think they would win but I don't think they would have enough guts to actually tell you. Of course then again I should take that back. I don't know. If there was a candidate that ran an ad that was an honest ad and said here's what the problems are, would they win.

We put together a series here of campaign ads. Here's the first. My first thought was, okay, here's the ad that maybe would work because it's a little honest:

VOICE: This election is about change and the greatest change we need in Washington is honesty. So while other candidates will tell you what you want to hear, Floyd Fluffinfluff is the only one who will tell you what you need to hear, real lasting change. That's the Fluffinfluff promise. Vote for lieutenant deputy mayor Floyd Fluffinfluff. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth with no fluff, just Fluffinfluff.

GLENN: All right. And then I thought, that's not -- I mean, that doesn't -- any candidate can say "I'm going to tell you the truth." You've got to be a little more specific. What's the truth? [more here]

No comments: