Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I Like Mike Pillow




Where have I been? Ya would think after all the buzz after the debate I would be keeping writing. Some people think the debate wasn't all that great. I have to admit, if the debate hadn't taken place in Michigan, I would probably be thinking the same thing. But the debate took place in my home state. So I guess I do have some bias there. I went in watching it with total excitement. I already knew "I Like Mike" and having a negative opinion about Mitt Romney. Plus I had so much fun blogging up to the minute of the debate. Although it did tire me out. Don't think it will happen again, unless there is some other event in Michigan.
Anyways as to what I have been up to since after the second airing of the debate. I started making an "I Like Mike" pillow. I am using red felt for the pillow, blue felt for the lettering, and white thread for the zig-zag to attach the lettering.
First I started out cutting two pieces of 15in, plus 1 1/4in for seams, of red fabric. Then after those were finished, I cut out letters. Once the letters were cut I pinned them to the front piece of the pillow. Since the pins make the fabric puffy, I am in the process of basting the letters on. Basting is the process of of using long stitches to merely hold the fabric in place before actually sewing on the regular stitches. Sometimes these are taken out once the actual sewing has been done. If the stitching is directly over the basting, the basting is kept in.
What I am I going to do with this pillow? Great question. Since I can't afford to give a contribution to Mike Huckabee's campaign I am going to sell it on eBay. I will be making more items, such as pillows, coasters, an hostess apron, carry-bags, and anything else I can think of. I will be listening to Elvis and Rockabilly music while I sew. So ya know every product will be made with love.
Remember the bag I made when I went to the Iowa Straw Poll? Remember the videos I made during that time? I will be making more videos while I am busy in the sewing room. From now on my sewing projects will be posted to Hobbies for Huckabee. I hope my projects can encourage people to be creative and join me on this community blog. It is not just about sewing. It is about anything artistic and creative.
Well, I gotta get back to my sewing.
God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike will be the keynote speaker at the Clinton County Lincoln Day in November! Check out www.ccrp.us for more details!

Michigan Redneck said...

Awesome! Will tickets be for sale for everyone, or only Clinton County Republicans?