Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Man of Wisdom, Speaks Words of Wisdom

Got this from Jeremy's post at Mike Huckabee '08

  • Neal Boortz, under Reading Assignments on Boortz.com, writes:
Here is some of what is in the second link that Jeremy provided.
  • My Proud Record
  • I cut taxes and fees over 90 times as governor.
  • BY MIKE HUCKABEE
  • Monday, October 29, 2007 12:01 a.m. EDT
  • It's important to note that every living Republican in Arkansas who has been elected to either a statewide or a federal office has endorsed my candidacy. I'm grateful for their support and proud that in 1998, I received the largest percentage of votes ever received by a Republican gubernatorial nominee in Arkansas, and that Arkansans re-elected me to another four-year term in November 2002.
  • I am even prouder that, throughout my tenure as governor and lieutenant governor of Arkansas, I campaigned tirelessly for countless Republican candidates for the state house and federal office--and even helped get some elected.
  • As governor, I pushed through the Arkansas Legislature the first major, broad-based tax cuts in state history--a $90 million tax relief package for Arkansas families; led efforts to establish a Property Taxpayers' Bill of Rights; and created a welfare reform program that reduced the welfare rolls in the state by almost 50%. We also doubled the standard deduction to $2,000 for single taxpayers and $4,000 for those who are married. In total, I led the fight to cut taxes and fees over 90 times during my 10 1/2 years as governor, saving the people of Arkansas almost $380 million. When I left office, Arkansas had over $800 million in state surplus. continued

No comments: