Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thank You


I just would like to thank all of you who came to read my live blogging last night during the debate. According to statistics, I had over 300 hits during and after the the debate. And most of those came from the South and GM towns in Michigan. All of you really made it worth the while I worked my booty off. For those of you who were first timers to this blog, I hope you keep coming back for Mike Huckabee news, Michigan news, Rockabilly music, cherry cars and vintage sewing. I would also like to thank Maritime Sentry for mentioning the blogging I was doing about the debate.
I also apologize for the many spelling and grammatical errors. I was in a hurry to get out the info, plus show off the great cars. Cars that great blue collar men like my Grandpa Wells and other men and women in the factories sent off the assembly lines. Men and women, like my grandpa, who came to Flint and other cities from the deep South to find a better life in Michigan. People who traveled on trains, buses and old cars carrying with them not much more than the few clothes they had and possibly a guitar.
I will soon be doing a post about both my grandpas and the time they spent working for GM. Both men grew up in different parts of the country, lived different lives, different levels at GM, different political views, but the one thing they had in common was they loved their families and wanted to give them the best lives they could.
Now it is time for me to get back to my sewing and listen to scratchy Elvis records.

God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!

1 comment:

DR said...

Thanks for the mention!