Friday, October 12, 2007

If Hearts of Gold...

were worth money, Mike Huckabee could surpass even Mitt Romney in fundraising contributions.
I have been away from my blog a little longer than I figured. Mistakes and repairs and a (newer than grandma's) sewing machine that squeals. I will get to that later. I have been trying to figure out what to write that is politically based. I even had a few dreams about what to write, but when I woke up I forgot what I said in my dreams. I also had a dream that Ben Stein told me to quite smoking, but that's another story.
Here's what I have been thinking. Mike Huckabee may not have the bokue bucks that his rivals have, but he has supporters with hearts of gold. Just read the blogger support for Mike Huckabee. There is over 200 bloggers who support Huckabee, some blogs are devoted entirely to Mike Huckabee, some are devoted to politics, some are devoted to whatever floats their boats. But they all have on thing in common, they all "like Mike." Read the comments from supporters on his blog page.
Some bloggers and supporters can give a little, some can give a fair amount, some can give large amounts. Then there are some who can not give anything at all. Don't say it, about the smoking, I know, I know. While I can't give my heart of gold up to Mike Huckabee in replace of campaign contributions, it would more than exceed the rules in the campaign finance laws, what I can do is keep on blogging about Mike Huckabee, tell everyone I know about Mike Huckabee, do whatever I can to get the word out about Mike Huckabee, and make things to sell.
Speaking of hearts of gold, Mike Huckabee himself has a heart of gold. Everything he says he means. Sure he has had slip ups in live events, but that is part of human nature. Frankly, I would be afraid of anyone who didn't slip up now and then. Think "Stepford candidate."
Last quarter, Mitt Romney gave his own campaign $16mil, from his own pocket. But if hearts of gold could count, Mike Huckabee would have been able to give himself $16trill. If each and every supporter could give their hearts of gold, that would be at least another $16trill. Wow, that sure is a lot of money!

God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!

No comments: