Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Send in the Clowns

Just finished watching the debates. Mike Huckabee did pretty good. I didn't catch it until 9:45. I am still not sure where I stand right now, about anyone. I still want to support Huckabee. I just don't know. Damn it, Mike. I went into watching the debate with high emotions. So it was hard for me to pay attention. I liked the arguing between Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul. But even my 82 year old grandma could win an argument with Ron Paul. On national security and Iraq Mike did great. I want the Mike Huckabee I began supporting back. I want the party of Lincoln back. I will try to overlook some things, I just don't know, yet. I am thinking about writing a public letter to Mike Huckabee. I will not be giving links to what has upset me. I will not write anything negative about Mike Huckabee. This just sucks!
I felt vindicated after the debate when FOX News went to a restaraunt in New Hampshire and the reporter asked them to raise their hands if they felt disapointed. Everyone, except maybe one or two people, raised their hands. During the debate mitt Romney kept his perma-grin, the entire time. Ron Paul was tip-toing through the daisies. Rudy Guiliani is looking older, just in the past few months. Right now, John McCain isn't looking too bad.
I see the demise of the Dems and Reps coming sooner than I had thought. I went through all these guys with a fine tooth comb before I came to support Mike Huckabee. I didn't like what I found. I thought Mike was different. Right now I feel as though he is no different. Please, show my why I shouldn't give up. Someone, anyone, give me a good reason.

5 comments:

Steven M Nielson said...

The answer is simple... the debate was a dud because it covered only one real topic: War.

We are sick of talking about the war.

The reason that Mike Huckabee came out looking like all the rest is that the dield of candidates (Paul excluded) pretty much agree on iraq...

Get Mike Huckabee talking about the Fair Tax, about Health in America, about Energy Independence, andout the tenth amendment... THEN you see him shine...

take away everything but the war and you get a McCain victory every time... He is, afterall, the war hero.

Have faith... the debate was bad, not Mike!

Michigan Redneck said...

All good things, but where does Mike, or anyone, stand on welfare reform? How can I take anyone serious on the border issue if they don't talk about welfare reform? And yes, the two things go together.
The government lets able bodied people take mine and yours tax dollars, while letting people cross the borders to take jobs that able bodied people could take. Then once those who cross the borders they bring in their relatives who end up recieving assistance.
Find me a candidate who talks up welfare reform and border control, I don't care if it's a Republican or Democrat. That will be the candidate who ain't pandering.

DR said...

Great post, I am glad someone finally said it.

Michigan Redneck said...

Hey d.,

I already read your post about the debate. You seemed to have a more cooler head on it.

Larry Perrault said...

So, he didn't pull a rabbit out of a hat. He was solid. The good news is that no one else is blasting off, either, and I don't see anywhere else to go, myself. Huckabee will surprise again, in The Iowa Caucuses. And, he has four months to determine how much.

Larry Perrault