Friday, September 7, 2007

Michigan Politics and Tourism


Since there is only two weeks until the Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference I thought I would start talking more about Michigan and Mike Huckabee's chance in Michigan. Since I work in tourism and Michigan has so many great places to see I would also like to spotlight many of the great things to see in Michigan. I will be talking about other Huckabee stuff too.
I may also be giving reruns of some of my former Michigan posts. I would like to get everyone psyched for the upcoming conference. I am really looking forward to this. I am also looking forward to the Rep. Paul Opsommer (R-Dewitt) Reception next Saturday, on Mac Isle, at the Grand Hotel. I will be wearing my Mike Huckabee button with pride and will talk about him to anyone who is willing to listen. This will be perfect timing. People will get to hear about him before they get to meet him on the island.
Perhaps I am too optimistic, but I think Mike does have a chance in Michigan. Another fellow blogger says he thinks Michigan will go to Romney. It looks like that so far. Although once Michiganders get a chance to hear about Mike Huckabee they will like what they hear. Mike Huckabee is down to earth. He truly cares about everyone. He thinks all people deserve a chance to better themselves. If he had been campaigning in Michigan even half as much as Mitt Romney he would already be in the top of the polls here.
Message to Mike Huckabee and/or Huckabee campaign:
I want to take time to speak to anyone in the Huckabee campaign who may be reading this. I want to seriously send out my apologies for anything I have said. After yesterday's blogger conference call I realized that I was right the first time. Mike Huckabee is the one to support.
Also, I hate to sound like a nag, but I really want to help volunteer when Mike is on the island. For the past few weeks Mitt Romney has been asking people to volunteer for the island, but I have not heard from the huckabee campaign. I have let the Huckabee campaign know that I am willing to help out. I hope I have not ruined my chances. If I have been forgiven, please let me know what I can do. Please don't give up on Michigan and only halfass Michigan. Mike Huckabee does have a chance here.
God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!

No comments: