Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mike Huckabee on 700 Club



I am about to watch the 700 Club. I am awaiting to see Mike Huckabee on the show. Today is "Skinny Wednesday" on the show. They always have focus on excersise, healthy eating and healthy lifestyle on Wednesdays. I hope that doesn't mean that they will only ask Mike about health and excersise. Not that health isn't a serious issue. I want to see them ask more. Please; Pat, Kristi, Terry or Gordon, ask something of substance.
David Brody reports on Mike Huckabee. If I miss anything I will watch again at the 10am showing. David Brody talks about Mike's social conservatism, money, Capitol Offense (Mike's band), God in Mike's life. He is talking about Mike trying to break into the top-tier and his great second place showing in Iowa. Huckabee's surge in media is being talked about. They also talked about Mike being named one of the top 10 governors in Time Magazine. Critics are wondering if Mike is too nice. Mike just said he is nice, just don't cross America then he won't be nice. With money and strong showing could help lift him up. The issues are the ideas that need to lift him up. Mike thinks he has the right issues. They are showing Mike wanting to be the "president who wants to 'nail the going out of business sign on the IRS.'" David Brody said that "whether you see him as Preacher, comedian, or band member he wants you to see him as president.
Pat Robertson is saying that Americans like to see the good old boy from the South and that Mike might have a chance to pass Rudy, Mitt and John. Kristi just said that "most of us have only heard of the three names, but give Mike Huckabee a chance.
This was a terrific interview! I am glad that they talked about all the issues, not just Mike Huckabee's weight loss, of 100 pounds. It was such a great interview, I will watch the second episode. I think I included everything. If not I will add more after the second episode.

4 comments:

Peter said...

Great interview. Just wanted to let you that

http://www.trickypix.blogspot.com

has changed to

http://www.newyorkforhuckabee.blogspot.com

Peter

Michigan Redneck said...

Thank you Peter,

I will change that on my blogroll.
I also want to add that after I watched the second showing of the episode pat Robertson said "a good ol boy from Arkansas who plays country music can't be too bad." Or something to that effect.
For newbies to the Huckabee bandwagon, Capitol Offense also plays classic rock, mostly, besides country.

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

I didn't hear them play any country actually... I'm not a big fan of Pat Robertson, so any chance I get to disagree with him, I'll jump on it :)

Though I'm glad to see he likes Mike Huckabee. Have they endorsed a candidate yet?

www.ktracy.com

Michigan Redneck said...

They have played country, just a little though. The only country cong I can think of offhanded is "Only in America" by Brooks and Dunn.
I don't think they have endorsed anyone yet, hopefully there will be a Huckabee endorsement.