Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mike Huckabee Clears the Record

From Mike Huckabee's blog page, post regarding misinformation.

  • Little Rock, AR -- Former AR Governor and Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee today issued the following statement in response to a news story stating that he is "open to state-sponsored civil unions that would bestow the legal rights of marriage on gay and lesbian couples":
  • "This report is simply inaccurate. I do not support legal recognition of alternative unions. I strongly, firmly and unequivocally believe that the traditional definition of marriage is for 'one man, one woman, for life.' That is why I worked hard in Arkansas to enact legislation at the state level to protect traditional marriage, and why I have vowed to work hard for federal language as President.
  • "While I believe that people have a right to decide how they live their personal lives, they have to respect not changing the definition of marriage."

While I believe in the sanctity of marriage and I wholeheartedly believe Mike Huckabee believes in the sanctity of marriage, I have never really talked about this aspect of Mike Huckabee. I am too poor to really care about who's fooling with who. I believe marriage should be limited to one man and one woman. But when someone spreads such a lie about Mike Huckabee I wanted to post Mike Huckabee setting the record straight.

In fact when I was in Iowa, some lady came up to the booth and said "I heard Mike Huckabee is for civil unions." I told her this was untrue and to check out what Mike truly believes in regards to the sanctity of marriage on his website. I also asked where she heard that and she said she got something in the mail. I asked her who sent it. She said she didn't know. I had heard that just before the straw poll rivals were sending negative info about the candidates. So I am guessing this is coming from a scared rival of Mike Huckabee's.

No comments: