Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Not to be A Gloomy Glum, But...

I don't know why I am posting my frustrations, but I am. I just read an article that has made me rethink things. I hope to God it ain't true or I am reading it wrong. I don't want to talk about it until I know for sure what is up. But if things are true, I have just given up on politics, Republican or Democrat. This includes Mike Huckabee.
Some of you may be mad at me for my thoughts. Some of you may never read this blog again. Some of you may leave angry comments. I don't care.
Everything I thought is messed up. I have been busy following Mike Huckabee stories and blogging since March. I went to Iowa to help volunteer. Rode a bus for 22 hours each way. Just spent $130 dollars to attend the convention on Mackinac Island and attend the Romney/Huckabee luncheon.
All that time I could have been doing other stuff. The money I spent for the convention could have gotten me 2 months of groceries at Wal-Mart.
Not even Elvis can help. I played the video of him singing "If I Can Dream" a few times. The only thing I got out of it is the world hasn't changed any since 1968. People are still selfish. Politicians are still corrupt.
Please, understand what I am going through. My heart just sank when I read this. I desperately don't want this to be true. I hope my frustration is just from being in the sun too long today. I really don't know what to do right now. I will be keeping up Huckabee links, until I know what is going on. After that, I don't know? Perhaps my frustrations will wane and I will delete this post.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

We all get to this point at some time or another, being frustrated. If there is anything I can do to help,send me an email. I don't know what you read but I hope its not true if it has you this down..

Michigan Redneck said...

Thank you Lisa,

I hope it's not true. That's why I haven't posted it, nor took off anything about Mike Huckabee. It's not like anything Bill Clinton, Larry Craig or that dude who likes teen pages ever did. He isn't being accused of abusing his dog either. Those things are breaking points for me.
I want to follow this more. After all, it's Mike Huckabee, I am sure there is an explanation :/.

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

Hey,
If you don't mind, shoot me whatever "this" is. Regarding corrupt politicians... well of course they are. You can't accomplish anything if you aren't at least a little corrupt. Look at Mayors Giuliani and Dailey. Greatest Mayors in US history in my opinion. Corrupt as heck, but still great mayors. That's because they love their city and will do anything for it, even if that means scratching a few backs and taking some under the table money.

Sadly, that's just how things work. Don't take it out on politics though... take it out on Democracy. :)

Take care and shoot me an e-mail when you get the chance!
-Kevin

www.ktracy.com

Michigan Redneck said...

Kevin,

I will shoot you an email, soon. It's not anything about corruption. That would be a breaking point also. Personally, I don't stand for corruption. People need to stand up against corruption. That's the reason I think we need more pastors elected to public office. Hit the corrupt ones in the head with Bibles ;).

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

What did he do? Agree with me that Elvis wasn't all that great?

Michigan Redneck said...

OK Kevin,

I will tell you one thing. One issue is one sentence on his website in the "issues" page, "immigration" section. If you notice my recent rants you can probably guess. I don't know if he is pandering to the not so blue-collars or if this was just a stupid part on the webmaster. I will tell you the other, in an email, since it is not displayed on the website.
You did not just dis on Elvis? I take it you haven't watched the "If I can Dream" vid? Just watch the passion on his face. Hear the passion in his voice. It will bring tears to your eyes. Elvis was the greatest musician EVER!