Monday, August 13, 2007

Severe Storm Warning for People of Hope, Arkansas...

...Put up your lightning rods! Lightning is going to strike twice! Mike Huckabee is getting alot of electricity going on his campaign. Now that the results of the Straw Poll put him in second place.


I got back to Michigan this morning. I missed quite alot while I was on the bus since Sunday morning. Although if I had to do it again and was given the choice between taking part in a historical event or being able to keep up to date while sitting in front of my comp I would choose to do it all over again. I hope y'all had a chance to read all the happenings.

I took lotsa pics, which I will post later. I want to soon recap what went on from the point of view from a "Michigan Redneck" who went to volunteer. I want to tell y'all about the conversation I had on the bus ride, what I did at the Huckabee tent, why I think Gov. and Mrs Huckabee are such sweet people (although Mike Huckabee would be tough, when needed, as a President), my reaction to the Gov.'s results. And then of course there is the pol convo between me, a local who considers himself a Democrat, a German, and some Tommy Thompson supporters at a local pub in Ames, Iowa.
My camera was acting up, so I didn't get as much pics as I would have liked. I thought I lost almost all of it. I managed to get things situated by taking the mem card into a photo shop. Except the vids I took of Capitol Offense will be lost forever, unless I can find my own personal "Geek Squad" who will work for free. They played Jailhouse Rock. Somehow I missed the Elvis impersonator. It was the older Elvis, but still, I LOVE ELVIS. They also played Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird, among so many other great songs.
Well it is past this third shifter's bed time. Night Night.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see the straw poll picks.