Saturday, August 25, 2007

I am going to be Stuck in St Ignace


Well I have been trying to make reservations on Mackinac Island for the Leadership Conference. The rates are expensive. I might as well just ferry back and forth from St Ignace. Rates are much cheaper in St Ignace, well duh. Some of the hotels on the island don't even offer St Ignace discounts. Even though St Ignace hotels offer Island discounts, most hotels on the island don't. Now that makes sense, NOT. The majority of islanders make more money than the majority of St Ignites. I would never expect island hotels to give as low of a rate as the hotels in St Ignace give islanders. After all the full rates on the island are more, but still ya would think they would do something.
I found two hotels who give St Ignace rates. They can't do it that weekend, because it is busy. The nice people I talked to said that they do on other times. I would like to encourage you to stay at these hotels when you stay on Mackinac Island. One is Harbour View Inn. The other is Harbor Place Studio Suites. Please click on the links to view info about them. Make these two places your first choice when ya stay on Mackinac Island.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You must be getting so excited about the Governors trip to Michigan.I hope that you are able to find an affordable hotel room. Seems like all hotels raise their rates a little when something important is going on.
Have a great Sunday!

Michigan Redneck said...

Yes I am getting excited!
Mackinac Island is expensive at any time, but they are raising their rates for this. I found out that no one is getting a discount for being part of the conference. The rates are all the same, for everyone.
You also have a great Sunday!