Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Glenn Beck talks about Larry Craig



I got my Glenn Beck email today and saw that he was going to talk about Larry Craig.

  • Senator Larry Craig, currently mired in a bathroom stall scandal, insists he did nothing wrong and only pleaded guilty so he could brush the alleged crime under the rug. While most normal human beings would fight a 'false' charge like this (if it were false), Craig seemed all too willing to hide it. Reports claim he didn't even share his arrest with his wife. Doesn't sound like an innocent man to Glenn, who wondered what's next for the sleazy (allegedly) Senator. Will he resign? Will he stay? Will his wife stand by him at a press conference like Hillary or Jim McGreevy's wife did? Will he ever use a public restroom again, considering he has that troublesome 'wide stance' that got him in trouble? Read the transcript. (Insiders listen here).

I thought this is going to be good! I clicked on to read the transcript. I love the pic! Glenn, Stu and Dan take on their usual smartalic attitude. Here are some highlights. He also talks about Owen Wilson and Courtney Love.

  • GLENN: You know what, let's just -- hold on. Let's make some predictions. Dan, get out a piece of paper and pencil, will you?
  • DAN: Okay.
  • GLENN: Let's make a prediction. I say by a week from tomorrow that he's in some sort of -- he's made some other sort of announcement like he's in rehab or he's an alcoholic or he was trying to get Owen Wilson off of heroin. Did you hear that, by the way? It's heroin.
  • GLENN: Yeah. It's heroin. And Courtney Love's old boyfriend befriended Owen Wilson, and Courtney Love called Owen Wilson and said, don't make friends with him; stay away; he'll get you hooked on drugs.
  • STU: Imagine Courtney Love taking the high road.
  • GLENN: The high road. She's the voice of sanity in your life. That's trouble. If Courtney Love ever calls me and says this person's dangerous, I run like the wind. My gosh.
  • STU: This is -- the way this thing seems to be going to me is that he's going to see what happens over the next week or so.
  • GLENN: All right. Let's just go this. Let's just go this. Does he go into rehab? Yes or no? Let's just do yes or nos. Does he go into rehab, yes or no? I say yes. Stu?
  • STU: I'm going to go with no. I think he denies it to his grave
  • STU: Might as well ride it out now. See how hard it is? I just did it again.
  • GLENN: Stop it. Now I'm envisioning him in leather chaps. We've got to stop.
  • DAN: Whoa, how did you get there? STU: None of us said that, dude, none of us said anything about leather.
  • GLENN: All right. So -- I saw him on a horse. Does that sound like something that can come up in testimony?STU: I saw him on a horse? Yes.
  • GLENN: Okay. So anyway --
  • STU: It may have been written in marker on the stall.

Talks a little about Jim McGreevey

  • DAN: It just shows that all these guys value their careers more than they do their family.
  • GLENN: Thou shall not have other gods before me. I mean, what are you doing? You value your career over everything else. Over everything else, that's incredible.
  • STU: I think your point last night was the best point, that Washington is Hollywood with ugly people.
    END TRANSCRIPT

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pic is hilarious.

Michigan Redneck said...

Yeah, I laughed my booty off when I saw that.

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

haha, that pic is great! I still think he's innocent though.

www.ktracy.com

Michigan Redneck said...

I have to disagree on that. Why did he plead guilty first? Now he's saying it is some sort of misunderstanding? How did he know those signals?
I don't care if he's gay or not. What grosses me out is that he would solicit someone, he never even saw, in a restroom.

RightMichigan.com said...

I'm a straight guy and a private citizen. If I was ever falsely accused and charged with something like that you can bet your house, your car and your pet golden retriever (or your cats) that I'd fight the charges tooth and nail.

There would be no deals. There would be no guilty plea. There WOULD be a fight.

The GOP has a good track record of holding our own accountable for their mistakes, something the Dems can't say and apparently don't even WANT to say... but principle dictates Craig say "so long" to Congress.

--Nick
www.RightMichigan.com