Friday, August 17, 2007

If I Can Dream

Check out this Elvis vid. It is from the "68 Comeback Special" concert. It is one of the most touching Elvis songs from the middle to late era of his career. The song is called "If I Can Dream." Even if you aren't an Elvis fan you will be moved to tears. It is the same song, but two dif performances spliced together.
Listen closely to his words. The whole song sums up how I feel about the state of our country, the direction the Republican Party has taken and the direction it needs to be taken back to, why I Like Mike, Mike Huckabee's speeches.
The way Mike Huckabee speaks reminds me of the way Elvis sings, except Mike doesn't swivel his hips when he talks. No offense, but I don't want to see that. What I am talking about is they are/were both fluid and natural with their forums of speaking. They speak/spoke with their heart and soul. It's that naturalness that makes Mike so great.



If it were up to me I would choose this as Mike's theme song. Fortunately, for the campaign, it's not up to me ;).

No comments: