Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Am so Extremely Glad I Like Mike!




While I was at work this morning I saw Mike Huckabee on FOX News this morning. When I first turned it on he was talking about home lenders. I didn't catch it all. He said that lenders who were lending money to people with barely any money, who may have their homes foreclosed on them, should be held accountable.
He was also talking about his status in the Primary race and how it's taken so long for his popularity to break out. He talked about how he doesn't have the money to hire image consultants. Comparing himself to other candidates, the other guys have consultants to tell them exactly what to do, how to act, how to look, while he just tries to be himself. The other candidates are afraid to be themselves. Proving that Mike is in tune with the average American, he said that the public is tired of seeing a candidate who is so polished.
He believes that Americans are tired of politics in which the parties are put first before the needs of the American people. Basically Mike is himself when he speaks and speaks what's on his mind. The girl who interviewed him called him genuine and authentic.
After having actually seen him in person, now when I see him on TV I am just awestruck. I can't help but get a combo giggly/tears of joy feeling when I hear him speak. Last fall I was down about the direction the Republican Party was turning. Now I know there is someone who can turn it back around, into the party it was originally intended to be. Abraham Lincoln would be dang proud if he were here now! That someone is Mike Huckabee. He doesn't have corporate buddy-buddies. He doesn't have lobbyists in his back pockets. He is not some Washington insider.
Ya know what, everyone was trying to be him before he was even that popular. Who was the first to tout Fair Tax? Mike Huckabee. Who spoke out about Katrina mishaps first? Mike Huckabee. Who was talking about a major change in Washington first? Mike Huckabee. Now all these other guys are saying the same things he was saying a long time a go.
Perhaps they are hoping they will be considered original and hope no one notices that they are just copying. Well I noticed.
I will be getting around to talking about my experience at the Straw Poll. I went shopping in Sault Ste. Marie yesterday and was gone longer than I thought I would be.

God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!

If you are ever in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan check out Cup of the Day, for great coffee, pastries and sandwiches.


4 comments:

RightMichigan.com said...

Cup of the Day is pretty fantastic, isn't it?

--Nick
www.RightMichigan.com

Michigan Redneck said...

Yeah, Tony was the one who helped get me involved in the political scene. My fave thing to get there is double shot mango or pomegranate Italian soda. When I go in the Fall or Winter I like the New York blend coffee.

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

mango or pomegranate Italian soda

What in the world-?

Anyway, you're spot on thinking Huckabee is that someone who can bring the Republican party back. Unless Huckabee (or Newt Gingrich) is our nominee, I won't vote Republican. I've already stopped giving money to the national party.

The state party I still help.

Anyway! Keep up the good work!

-Kevin
www.ktracy.com

Michigan Redneck said...

Kevin,

An Italian soda is carbonated water with flavor syrup. Or are ya just making fun of my syrup choice?