Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Even Mitt Likes Mike...At Least His Ideas?

As I have said before, a friend submitted my email info to the Romney campaign. I could click the button to have them stop sending me mass emails, but why? I need a good laugh now and then. Here is one I got about making a video for Mitt Romney. I think he is taking a cue from the Huckabee campaign. But giving restrictions. You will see what I mean.

Dear Friend,
Once in a while an opportunity comes along that sounds too good to be true. And often there’s a catch…
This is not one of those times.
We want you to make a new official television advertisement. Yes, we are serious.
Your ad could feature Mitt’s biography, his family, his record as Governor of Massachusetts, or his agenda for a stronger America. In fact, your ad can have practically any theme as long as it supports the campaign creatively and responsibly.
How does it work? We provide the photos, videos and audio clips to get you started. You can add your own multimedia if you’d like. Then just cut, splice and edit until your heart’s content, using easy and free online tools. Everything you’ll need is available at this new site:
The deadline for ad submissions is September 17th, so you can even get the family involved over Labor Day weekend.
After a public vote, the winner’s video will hit the airwaves as an official campaign TV ad in conjunction with the massive Rally for Romney at the end of September.
You’ve seen how the professionals do it. Let’s see what you can do!

Well that's nice. They will provide clips and pics for your video. This tells me that they still have some control over it. At least with the "I Like Mike" videos you don't have to work in their confines. You can even talk about Mitt's family, awe (said with smart alack tone).
Did ya catch the beginning? "An opportunity to good to be true..." Yes, there is a catch. Ya gotta use the material provided to ya. Not everyone knows how to do editing and splicing.
Isn't it funny, the "I Like Mike" videos have been going on for at least 2 or 3 months. And there is no time limit. Let freedom ring, Mike! Remember, if ya haven't made your "I Like Mike" vid, make one, put it on YouTube and send it to the campaign.
I erased the links, in case someone wants to be smart alack and make a rude video. Let's not get nasty.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Huckabee passes Thompson and is tied w/Giuliani and Romney in some early primary polls!

See my post here:
http://huckabee08.blogspot.com/2007/08/polls-position-huckabee-passes-thompson.html