Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Glenn Beck talks about Pedophiles

I am on the e-mail list for the Glenn Beck Program and I got this interesting
email for a transcript about a Youth pastor who was a convicted sex offender AND was married AFTER he was released.

I want to share the paragraph from the e-mail notification.

  • A southwest suburban Southern Baptist congregation allowed a convicted child sex offender to preach for the last few years -- despite his criminal past. Jeff Hannah said that he only slept with girls in his church's youth group because he was a youth pastor. "It was more about who I spent my time with, less about the age." Good thing Jeff wasn't a zookeeper. Or heavy machinery operator. Read the transcript. (Insiders listen here).
When I read about the zookeeper and machine operator statement Glenn made I couldn't help but laugh. I know that is wrong to laugh about such tragic events, but I got that picture in my head. The heavy machine comment would make a nice punishment.

Here is Glenn's intro to the radio show's transcript:
  • GLENN: A southwest suburban Southern Baptist congregation allowed a convicted child sex offender to preach for the last few years despite his past, and a warning from his previous church that he might still be dangerous, this according to the Chicago Sun Times. In 1996 Jeff Hannah was sentenced to nine years in prison for having sexual relations with four underage girls, ages 15 to 17. He was the youth minister at the Crossroads Church in Libertyville. He was paroled in 2001, joined the First Baptist Church of -- you've got to be kidding me -- the First Baptist Church of Romeoville, where his new wife was a member. Who marries convicted child predators? Is there anybody? Aware of his -- she was aware of his crime. She asked -- the members of his church asked him to step to the pulpit until a replacement was hired. Hannah served in the role for three years and ever since has been a fill-in preacher, teacher and music minister at the church. Authorities say there's no evidence that Hannah has reoffended. Hannah insists that he is not a child molester and has not reoffended. He abruptly resigned his membership in a congregation when a reporter started inquiring about him, though, last week. In our church we believe in forgiveness. Yeah, we believe in forgiveness. I mean, what is wrong with people? When did common sense die a horrible, miserable death? We believe in forgiveness. As a Christian I believe in forgiveness, but I don't know. I also believe in memories. God gave me a brain and a memory. I don't forget. I might forgive, but I don't forget what you've done. I don't believe -- I believe in forgiveness. I don't believe in stupidity. What do you say? Stu, believe in forgiveness?
Click on the link above to read the conversation between Glenn, Stu and Dan.

5 comments:

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

As terrible as this is, at least it sheds light on the fact that the Roman Catholic Priesthood isn't the only religious clergy infected with these perverts and it shows celibacy has nothing to do with it.

It's just a shame it took 11 years for this story to get national attention.

-Kevin
www.ktracy.com

Michigan Redneck said...

I totally understand your thoughts about focus on Priests. You're right it has nothing to with celibacy. These pervs go for children and don't have feelings for women. Their brains don't work like regular men.
I am upset about anyone who does it. Whether it be a priest, pastor, teacher, wierd neighbor who lives with momma, rich guy who wears a suit, etc. When stereotypes happen about who does this sick stuff the victims get ignored and pervs of certain status get overlooked.
The victims will be scarred for life.

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

That couldn't have been put better. Well done.

Anonymous said...

This man is a menace to society. He isn't a pedifle, but he IS a letch and a liar and should not be allowed near women at all, especially vulenerable ones. His poor 2nd wife... she is delusional that she can change him. He is a very carismatic man that is easy to pull for. BUT NEVER should be trusted.

Michigan Redneck said...

I usually allow comments, as long as they are within context of the story. Thus I did allow your comment. But this dude is a pedophile. What else would you call someone who goes after little girls?