Friday, August 24, 2007

Dress Codes


As part of talking about the Grand Hotel, where the Mackinac Leadership Conference will be held, I thought I would share this dress code info for the Grand Hotel and dining room.

Evening Attire
The Grand Hotel experience includes dressing for dinner. Evening wear is required in all areas of the hotel: coat and tie for gentlemen, and dresses or pantsuits for ladies.
I think this is a superb idea. Not just because the Mackinac Island tries to keep old fashioned looks and style, but just because the Grand Hotel is a classy place. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl, but I still believe that certain occasions call for dressing nice. And this is one of them.
Although, if it were up to me I would put more restriction for women. For men it's not too difficult to know what coat and tie means. This event will have teen and college girls attending. I do not want to see girls in man pants, aka lowrise. I do not want to see bellies showing, even if they do wear a blazer over the top. Personally, I don't even like the idea of women in pantsuits, at least not for classy events. A nice skirt and feminine blazer is cute. Khaki skirts should not be allowed either.
A new video will be coming soon. I am finishing a blouse from a 1956 pattern. I already have the skirt fully made, from a newer pattern. I made it for the State Convention in February. I had started the blouse, but didn't have it finished on time. So I just need to finish it. Won't take to long.
God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!
Above picture is the main dining room where Mike Huckabee will be speaking.

1 comment:

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

Make sure you smuggle your camera in! I agree completely, I'm actually peeved that President Johnson broke the tradition and stopped wearing the top hat and coat to the inauguration parade.

Such a crock. That's actually why I'm a Republican today... I want to wear a tophat and coat with tails... actually, I'd like to have the black cape too...

*Sigh* I was born 100 years too late.

www.ktracy.com