Friday, August 10, 2007

Even a Democrat Likes Mike!

Ok, again with my guilty pleasure of reading Slate...I was reading an article about the Straw Poll and whisper gossip. Read Republican Whispering. I am too tired to talk much about the article. Basically it's about the e-gossip and whatnot.

Here is what I want ya to read. It is a comment about the article, and most important, what one commentor says about Mike Huckabee. I will post the whole comment here. This was good I have'nt yet read all the comments. I wanted to share it with you. I just about choked on my biscuits and gravy, jumed back in my chair and said, "Oh My Gawsh." Kinda ignore the Democrat sentence. I am not sure how to take that. What say you?

When I listened to Huckabee on cable TV yesterday I nearly spit out my coffee......here was a republican who speaks the way the democrats SHOULD be speaking. He spoke about a party which has sold its soul to corporate America needing to clean up its act-and he spoke of workers laid off and without insurance as CEOs and their cronies walked with million dollar bonus packages for steering their company into bankruptcy. He spoke about American workers being left in the cold and about greed in corporate America.....I hardly believed there was an "R" next to the guys name.
Traditionally, I hear democrats talk about the workers being shafted and the republicans typical response is that the stockholders make the rules for bonuses and it isnt the fault of capitalism or conservatives. While Huckabee may be a Christian, that is hardly a conservative thing-democrats are big believers in charity and helping the poor-and Jesus spoke very little of profit motive being more important than compassion.
Perhaps the democrats should be talking to Huckabee as he may well be among the first candidates to "get it" about what's wrong in America today.
Don't ya just love the paragraph?!

No comments: