Friday, June 15, 2007

Shout out to Arkansas Genealogists


Charles and Stella Eaker Wells My grandparents on their wedding day in Germany
in 1920 in 1948


As I have said in a previous post my grandfather was a cotton farmer in Arkansas with an Eighth Grade education. He came up to Flint to work for General Motors.

since Mike Huckabee is from Arkansas and many of his supporters are from Arkansas I thought I would share who my Southern ancestors are, in case I have any "cousins" out there. If anyone in Arkansas is working on genealogy please contact me at gypzychik@yahoo.com.

Since my grandfather is still alive, I will not give his name over the Internet. His parents were Charles and Stella Eaker Wells. Charles was from Illinois. Stella was born in Union Arkansas in 1905. Stella's parents were Arnold Lee and Neety C. Mitchell Eaker. I don't know anything about the Mitchells. Arnold Lee was born in Arkansas. His parents were Jonas and Charity Jane Thomason Eaker. Jonas was born in Lincoln County, North Carolina, lived in Cape Girardeau, Missouri; Castor, Stoddard county, Missouri; Union, Greene County Arkansas. His first wife, in Castor Missouri was Nancy. Charity Jane was born in Tennessee; lived in Southern Division, Marshall County, Mississippi; Union, Greene County Arkansas.
I have noticed that on the post Civil War Census' in Ark. many of the adults were from other states and their kids were the first in the family to be born in Ark. Does anyone know why that is? If you know anything about any of these families please let me know. Or if you want to help. I can not afford to hire a pro. I am trying to upload pics of family but it seems to be slow. I will add pics later.

God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!

2 comments:

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

Haha! WOW! I totally misread your title. I had too look up that Bush quote today about OBGYN's and, well, you can put the pieces together I'm sure.

Genealogy is fascinating. I keep finding excuses to put off finding an expert, but I'd really like to do it for my grandmother some day, she would love it.

There are a lot of websites that have "do it yourself" resources that are affordable. It's a lot of work, but I'd imagine it would be 100% worth it if you had the time to invest in it.

"HOPE" someone finds ya and gives you a helping hand.

-Kevin
www.ktracy.com

Michigan Redneck said...

Yes, I "HOPE" so also. I just "HOPE" there are is no "Cousin Bill." "Cousin Mike" would be cool though.
If you are interested check out www.ancestry.com. Despite the fact that it is run by Mormons, it is a really good site. That's where you can find the most info. If you would like any pointers e-mail me.
I have already found a cousin in SD and another possible cousin in Germany.