Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Blogger's Call Part 1


This morning I participated in another Blogger's Conference Call with Mike Huckabee and his guest was Senator Bob Kleg of New Hampshire. Mike Huckabee is thrilled to have him on his team. I am rather tired, just got home from work a few hours ago. So I will be writing this in parts.

As I have stated I didn't get to watch the debate or record it, I am still kicking myself over this. I was able to pick up on what was being said. He wished that there were more questions about issues that the American folk talk about around the dinner table, like education, economy and healthe care. He was grateful that bloggers talk about these issues and get the word out to the viewing public.

One blogger asked Mike a question about No Child Left Behind Innitiative. His answer was that education should be primarily left up to the states. Although he still feels that The No Child Left Behind Innitiative did bring up the school standards in the states. He feels that testing is vital in finding out how well the kids are learning. He said "It's like going to a ball game and there's no scoreboard." He compared turning the numbers on a scoreboard like seeing the test results. While Governor of Arkansas more got done in five years than all that was done in the past fifty years in Arkansas schools. Teacher's pay and standards became more competitive. He said that too many kids are putting their heads on their desks and taking the most expensive naps because they are bored. That is why he is so passionate about music and arts. Music and arts help kids to learn with their right and left brains. When kids learn with both sides of their brains their test scores go up in math and science. It will also enhance them with team work and leadership skills, which is essential.
He also believes that education should be focused on in the campaigns and it should be on the minds of all the candidates. While I don't have kids, as an American voter and taxpayer, I think focusing on education is important. These kids are the future of America. I don't want kids taking naps on my tax dollars. If these kids don't get a good education they will be on government assistance after they graduate. Thus, after I pay for their naps I pay for their food and nessicities. So I am glad he is focusing on education.
Well yawl, I am tired and need to sleep, so I shall go now. I will blog more later.

No comments: