Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Holy !#@!@#!!

I was in the middle of customizing my blog and I am watching FOX News. President George Bush is Prague Czech Republic. For quite a long while now there has been talk about missile defense shields in Czech Republic and Poland. Now the Russians are saying that if the US puts missile shields on Czech Republic or Poland they will point missiles at Europe. At this moment the President is speaking.
President Bush is currently talking about East/Central Europe and Germany overcoming the communist regimes. "In the end it was the people...." He is explaining how Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher and Pope John Paul helped the people seeking freedom. Speaking of extremism, he says freedom will prevail. "Human freedom is the only way to preserve human rights." He is encouraging people to join those fighting for freedom and allow for the defense shields.

2 comments:

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

So foolish.

One of my biggest concerns with the Bush Administration has been our policy toward Russia.

Following the Cold War, the Clinton administration did a decent job, but remained totally absent when the Russian people needed help.

Now, in its second term, the Bush administration as taken a cold war approach to dealing with Russia.

Don't get me wrong, I want a missile defense system, but I want to be defended from CHINA not the former Soviet Union.

US foreign policy is forcing President Putin into a corner and shows of force like this are only compounding the problems in that country.

I had hoped that Bush would be a "Uniter, not a Divider" when it came to Russia, who has been fighting Islamo-Fascists in Chechnya since the days of Bush Sr.

I had hoped we would be able to show the world unity and have a critical ally when it came to dealing with China in coming decades.

But my hopes were misplaced. If I get a chance, I might ask Governor Huckabee about this when I meet him tomorrow.

www.ktracy.com

Michigan Redneck said...

Kevin, I found an article in from a Czech news website. www.radio.cz/en/article/92085
the article reports that President Bush is telling Czechs that the Cold war is over and that they can be friends with the US and Russia. He also wants to work with Putin and Russia. Not against them. The purpose of putting defense shields in Europe is to defend against rogue regimes, such as Iran, Korea, China or whoever else.