Friday, November 16, 2007

Damn Good Monologue from Glenn Beck



Email intro from Glenn Beck.

  • Compean & Ramos update
  • Johnny Sutton has finally arrested the drug smuggler that was the key to putting Ramos and Compean behind bars. We find out today that there were two loads of drugs and the federal government knew who this guy was for quite some time. And they caught him twice doing another 750 kilos of dope and another large shipment before the trial but they kept all of that quiet and didn't arrest him. Meanwhile they gave him border passes, "Get out of jail free" cards, basically. The dirtbag's name is Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, he was shot in the buttocks in February 2005 after fleeing from border agents (Compean & Ramos) during a smuggling attempt, has been indicted on charges of smuggling marijuana in September and October of that year. Glenn has never felt anything like he has lately---and that is a complete and total distrust by the American people of our government. We've always known that politicians are dopes, but evil? Glenn has generally not made that leap, but with the timing of the news release (buried heading into a weekend) and other facts surrounding the case, Glenn has reason to be suspicious of our government. Read the transcript of Glenn's explanation. (Insiders listen here).
Now for the monologue. I was rather torn if I should provide the full article or just a part, but this is too dang good to leave any of it out. I urge you, dear reader, to check out his website and the border issue in general.
  • Glenn’s Monologue on the Border
  • NOVEMBER 16, 2007
  • GLENN BECK PROGRAM
    BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
  • GLENN: We're talking about the border and what the latest is. Some pretty massive news coming out today. Johnny Sutton has finally arrested the drug smuggler that was the key to putting Ramos and Compean behind bars. We find out today that there were two, two loads that came in of drugs and the federal government knew who this guy was for quite some time and they caught him twice doing, you know, another 750 kilos of dope and another large shipment as well before the trial but they kept all of that quiet and didn't arrest him. Meanwhile they gave him border passes, "Get out of jail free" cards basically. We're talking about that today. That's huge news. Something doesn't feel right. I don't know what it is yet. Can't put my finger on it but I just, it's not right. Something's not right here and the timing is sure suspicious. Here we are the week before Thanksgiving. They catch him on a Thursday night. Friday it's not in the papers yet. It will be in the papers on Saturday but nobody's reading it because not only is it Saturday, it is also the holiday weekend. So nobody's going to be able to talk about this or do anything for at least a week, maybe two weeks. So it kind of -- that's old news. Learn that from Hillary Clinton campaign, "Well, that's just old news. " So the timing is just wrong here.
    Border Patrol Fundraiser Shirt
    ***All of Glenn's proceeds from the sale of this shirt will be donated to a legal defense fund for Agents Ramos and Compean.***

    To quote Col. Nathan Jessep--Jack Nicholson's character from, A Few Good Men--"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns." That's true, and some of the men guarding our walls are U.S. Border Patrol Agents. Thing is…if one of those Border Agents tries to protect our walls with their guns, they might just end up in prison for the next 11 years. That's what happened to agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. You've heard me talk about the injustice done to these brave men, and you know that I'm outraged. I invite you to join me in showing both your anger and commitment to setting them free by wearing one of these t-shirts: "U.S. Border Patrol…To Protect And Serve Time." It's the least we can do for two men who have done the most…men with families who are unfairly paying the price for doing their duty, showing their bravery, and trying to keep all Americans safe.
  • But I want to -- I just want to speak, and I may be only speaking to 10 people, but I have to tell you that my gut has been telling me for a while something is really, really wrong and we are being -- I mean, listen to T. J. Bonner. I mean, here's the head of the union of the border patrol and he is saying "I don't trust my government, I don't trust my government on this." That's a mouthful. When we don't trust our government, we're in trouble. And you know what? I have to tell you, I don't trust the people in the government, either. I trust some of them, but I don't trust all of them, and I just think that there are -- you know, there are those secret combinations, there are things going on that don't bode well for the sovereignty and for the security of the United States of America, and I outlined some of them in the book that goes out on the bookshelves on Tuesday, "An Inconvenient Book" but let me speak specifically about -- and give you a warning of something that I feel those who are awake need to prepare for and to be a salve and to keep your wits about you and to watch what's going on.

    I've been doing this now for 30 years. I have seen all kinds of things in radio. I have seen all -- I've lived all over the country. I have talked to listeners for years and years and years. I know with my gut and with my fingers on the pulse, I can tell you that I'm not the best judge of a lot of things, but my gut is very, very good on -- I don't know how to put my finger on it -- on sensing the mood of the country, and I am sensing that it -- and this is a very deep undercurrent but it is going to grow, and we must be aware of it. There are real people that are very disconnected from the government, and I understand it, but I am warning you that I think that some of these people -- and it's a very small minority -- they are hiding in different locations, they are calling themselves different things, but I'm telling you that a very small minority can make a very big difference in this country and I'm going to give you two examples of this and I'm not going to -- I'm not going to give you the -- I'm not going to give you the subject line of what they were talking about but these are two pieces of mail that have come in from vastly different people. This one came in. I want you to hear this: Thank you for your service, Mr. Beck, in destroying America. You've done a great job serving the elite. Please drop your pants down and bend over for the elite members to consensually rape you. Have it your way, traitor. When the dollar crashes, we will know who to pick off like an exterminator ridding the house of scurrying rats. You are a traitor who will face the justice when the time comes for propagandists that strive to kiss the establishment's ass and destroy America in the process. I hope the millions of dollars satisfy your hungry pang of greed to spew propaganda and vitriol. When the dollar crashes, your bank account will be worthless. Got it? That's from one kind of person that thinks that I am in on not pointing out that there is something afoot with the dollar, there's something going on, we're being sold out economically and this all ties again, I believe, to what's happening on the border. So there's one group that is telling me I want to say -- let me just say that again -- that I will be picked off, they will be like exterminators, and I am a traitor who will, quote, face justice when the time comes.

    Then there's another one. Try this one on for size. Because at some point I have said that waterboarding is okay and I believe waterboarding probably is okay but I am also against torture like what happened in Abu Ghraib. I want you to listen to this threat: Torture is illegal, yet the TV threat is trying to teach America that we the people haven't spoken on this issue. I beg -- he's not talking to me. He's talking to others -- I beg, please fight back for humanity by not accepting a Zionist betrayal of God on this subject. TV celebrities -- like me -- are programming that waterboarding, head-slapping and the burning of no one people to death for treasonous Bush-ites Satanic pleasure is arguably in support of defending my dying America through assisting in the neocon's escape for 9/11. Death to the torturers of the innocent people. Death to the enemies of Christ in America.

    I will tell you that I have not seen this kind of vitriol before and I have volumes of it. I have not seen it. This comes from us dividing -- not us but our political parties dividing us, making people believe that half the country hates America. Both sides have done it and so now the reasonable Americans no longer have any real power because we've been divided.

    Gang, someday it may be my dying breath, but I am telling you we're in trouble, and I am telling you that we must unite. Republican, Democrat, independent, I don't -- you know, from the Ron Paul supporter to the Obama supporter to the Giuliani supporter, we have got to listen to each other and we have got to listen to reason because 50% of America does not hate America.

    I believe there is probably between 5 and 10% of Americans that hate America and those people are very angry right now, and I hate to say it but in some ways you can make a case for some of the things that they are saying because we have been sold out and we're being sold out more and more every day. But unless the middle part of America, unless that 90% of America wakes up and corrects the problem in their own party, in their own politicians, the 10% are going to pull us apart and we are in for dangerous, dangerous times. Please, please, I'm begging of you, wake up, the people that will wake up because trouble is on the horizon.
  • END TRANSCRIPT [source]

No comments: