Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bring it Back, Bring it Baack Agaain!

For real, I so want to bring y'all a real post, soon I hope. For right now, I am really sick. I only get sick once every three or four years, and guess what? Well for right now I am trying to cheer myself up with Rockabilly music. While I am at it I might as well cheer you up to. Here are a few vids I found on YouTube.

Stray Cats-Bring it Back Again

Who remembers the MTV intermission with the moon landing and the astronaut planting the MTV flag in the moon?

Oh my God! Stray Cats playing Oh Boy!


Wild Black Jets - Rockabilly Boogie


Matt Hole and The Hot Rod Gang


A special treat for the boys
Wanda Jackson - Rock Your Baby (1958)


Don McLean - The meaning of American Pie (UPDATE)
Folks, grab your Kleenexes


Since I hate chemical medicine, I need to go to the store and buy some lemon and Jack Daniels to add to my tea and honey. Works every time.

8 comments:

Larry Perrault said...

I listenes to all your videos. I wonder how old Stray Cats are, now? I was never supposed to be fifty, but they must be around my age.

Michigan Redneck said...

I'm not quite sure how old they are. They were in their early twenties back in the eighties. So if they aren't 50 now, they soon will be.
Brian Setzer is still recording. And I guess this year the Stray Cats got together for their first American concert in 17 years.

Michigan Redneck said...

Larry,

You live in Texas, correct? Have you heard of Matt Hole and the Hot Rod Gang? They are from Corpus Christi. I used to hear them live when I lived down there. Are they still playing?

Larry Perrault said...

I had not heard of them. I think after about 1990 when I had my first child, I officially became OLD! :-)

I posted at http://larryperrault.blogspot.com about Pat Robertson endorsing Rudy Giuliani. Did you hear that? I think Robertson has lost it.

Michigan Redneck said...

I heard that about Pat Robertson this morning. I agree, he has lost it. I think he has put power ahead of morals.

Larry Perrault said...

It's not only faithless, it isn't even a good calculation irrespective of faith, especially when you understand that your actions themselves have an effect on the results.

I can only hope that at this point, Robertson's endorsement has as much or more negative than positive impact.

Michigan Redneck said...

The sad thing is, is that while people like you, me, fellow bloggers, and political followers will use their own brains, there are people who follow these "leaders" like zombies. Some people don't look at the facts, they just believe these people like they are gods.
I used to like Pat Robertson, now I don't know.

Larry Perrault said...

I feel sorry for him...and sorry that he matters.