Thursday, May 24, 2007

Elvis Has Not Left the Building

Sometimes reading about politics and blogging about it can be stressful and a real downer. When I blog I try to be a little lighthearted,while being serious at the same time. When I see polls that put Rudy McRomney in the double digits and Mike Huckabee in low numbers I get frustrated. Or I read about his contenders do or say things that are not what the Republican party truly stand for. I realize it has to do with the "money factor" and name recognition. I wonder why people fall for this tripe. Then there is the trouble in the middle east, immigration and the economy.
While writing, I listen to music that lifts me. The best CD I have in my collection is Elvis' Amazing Grace. This is a 2 CD collection that has everyone of his gospel recordings. Even some that have never been released are included. Hearing Elvis sing gospel goes directly to my gut and heart. All the songs in the collection are spectacular, especially "Amazing Grace." Thee best song has got to be "You'll Never Walk Alone." While listening to this song I feel that even though things may seem like a bummer, everything will make sense as long as we "walk on, walk on, walk on and you'll never walk alone." When I close my eyes and sing along it brings tears of joy to my eyes. For anyone who has never heard this song, you will cry the first time you hear it. I believe God will hear our prayers as long as we are sincere. He knows everything that is going on in this country and the world. Just remember "All things are possible, If You Only Believe." I believe this country will get back on track, as long as Americans pay attention to what is going on and find out where all the candidates stand on the issues. Not just listen to sound bites.

God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!

No comments: