Monday, July 23, 2007

RAVE ON!!!!

HELLOoo BABY! Yeah this is the Michigan Redneck speaking. HaHaHaHa! Oh you sweet thing. Do I what? Will I what? Oh baby you know what I like. Mike Huckabee and Rockabilly music and capri slacks-cropped up!!!



As y'alls fave resident mid-century historian I thought I would bring this to y'alls attention. Check this video out of Mike Huckabee, standing in front of The Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake Iowa. That was where Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P "Big Bopper" Richardson performed their last concert during the Winter Dance Party Tour. They then went on to die in a plane crash that Don McLean called "The day that the music died," In the immortal song "American Pie".




On a side note, Waylon Jennings was a member of Buddy Holly's band. He won and lost a straw poll that kept him off the plane that fateful day of February 2, 1959. Instead, he took a bus that had no heat. In interviews, he felt some guilt 'til the day he died.
I hate to think of anyone dying. But if he had been on that plane instead of The Big Bopper or Ritchie Valens I don't think The Dukes of Hazard would have been as good. If either of the two guys had survived and sung "Just Some Good Ol' Boys" the song would never had been the same. Of course I am sad that anyone died on that plane.

In an attempt to butcher Don McLean's words, I have a song dedicated to Mike Huckabee.

  • Hi-Hi Mr. American Pie
  • I'll drive my Chevy to the Iowa levy
  • I want to volunteer at the Straw Poll
  • This good ol' girl won't be drinkin whiskey and rye
  • Singing this'll be the day that I die
It looks like I will be going to the Straw Poll. I wish there was some way that I could be able to see the memorial outside of the Surf Ballroom. I would also love to see the memorial at that historical corn field, nearby. Wishful thinking. Well "Maybe Baby." Hey, it may not be Graceland, but what is?
Buddy Holly was a huge influence upon bands like The Beatles.












Well until August 11 I will "Rave On" about Mike Huckabee. There's nothing to "Think it Over," Mike Huckabee is the only one to support, in this otherwise "Fools Paradise." These fools he has to compete with ain't nothing but "White Lightinin'." Yeah they pack a punch when first tried but the hangover ain't gonna be pretty.
That's why ya need to support Mike in a "Heartbeat." That's why you need to keep him in your prayers "Everyday." "It's so Easy" and "It's the Truth Ruth." Our message to Mike should be "Someone Watching Over You." Like the preacher in the "Preacher and the Bear" Mike is going to see a miracle and win, as long as we all help him to not "Fade Away" out of the media.
Some say he has a "A Million to One" chance of winning at the Straw Poll. But I think with Rudy Giuliani not being there in his "Pink Petticoats" under a "Chantilly Lace" dress there is a chance. Plus John McCain won't be there to act like a "Little Girl" when he whines and cries.
I can't wait to go to Iowa! I will be arriving "Early in the Morning." "Oh Boy!" I will get to be part of history! I will take a "Fast Freight" to Iowa if I have to.
I know this much, I will "Cry Cry Cry" if Mike Huckabee doesn't have a good showing at the Straw Poll. If he decides to get out of the race early, depending on his showing, it will be "Raining in my Heart." "That'll be the Day" when I support someone else. My feelings toward the political process will be "It Doesn't Matter Anymore."
After I saw that short, but sweet, video I have gotten my creative juices flowing and put on my Buddy Holly and Big Bopper CDs. Now I have been recalling many Ritchie Valens songs, that I unfortunately haven't heard in ages since I do not have any of his records or CDs. I think I will go on Amazon.com to order a CD.
Seriously, if Mike Huckabee was to play stand bass wildly and jump on it I will get my grandma to give a contribution to his campaign. In fact anyone from Capitol Offense will do. George Jones asked over 20 years ago "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes?". I think it will be Capitol Offense.

So if anyone get out to the Straw Poll "Put on Your Cat Clothes" and pack you "Blue Suede Shoes." All you cats need to be there or be square.

2 comments:

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

You sound excited!

be sure to take a LOT of pictures. And if Governor Huckabee loses, I'm blaming YOU!

Have fun!

www.ktracy.com

Michigan Redneck said...

BLAMING ME!? How? There's no way he can lose. He has now been blessed by three great fathers of Rock 'n Roll! He needs to do the Bill Clinton thing and talk about Elvis. And don't even think about asking the last name.