Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Great Articles

I love this photo! Taken when he spoke at the National Wellness Conference in the Jenkins Theater at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Thomas Kujawski/Stevens Point Journal. "A picture speaks a thousand words." To me this says, "Mine and my supporters prayers are finally being answered. AMEN!".

Here are three great articles to read.

If Only Huckabee Had Money

  • Even though he isn't counted in the upper tier of most lists, Mike Huckabee has managed to generate more buzz for his presidential candidacy than other second-tier candidates. He was well-served by the debates, in which he was articulate, glib and funny. Many observers seem to lament the fact he has not been able to raise the money to compete with the big boys. While Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani and John McCain had their millions, Huckabee couldn't crack a single million. His response was predictable: Money isn't the best indicator of strength. He asserted that the candidates who were being hailed by the media would eventually fade...
  • Click link above to read the rest of the article in the Arkansas News Bureau.

  • Gov. Mike Huckabee thought about that after Hurricane Katrina. The ordained Southern Baptist minister also knew that the summer camping season was over and that thousands of people fleeing New Orleans had to go somewhere."I saw on TV people on the bridges of Interstate 10 stranded for days without water, and I thought, this isn't Rwanda. This isn't Indonesia. ... This was the United States of America," said the former governor, who is now part of the throng of Republican presidential candidates. "These were the neighbors just to the south of us in Louisiana. It was beyond my comprehension that we could get TV cameras to those people but we couldn't get a boat or a bottle of water to them."Thus, he asked religious leaders to open camps all over Arkansas to the evacuees, while urging the public to rally around this blunt public policy: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."...
  • Click the above link to read the rest of the article in The Daily Dispatch.

Ex-Arkansas Governor Urges Culture Shift in Health Initiatives

  • About five years ago, Mike Huckabee had a heart-to-heart conversation with his doctor that changed his life.

    "If you don't change your lifestyle, you're entering the last decade of your life," the former governor of Arkansas remembers his doctor telling him. "He then described for me the progression of how I would decline and then die."

    Huckabee is now 110 pounds lighter, a candidate for president and nationally recognized for the success of the wellness initiatives he instituted in Arkansas.

    His keynote address to the National Wellness Conference in the Noel Fine Arts Center on Tuesday afternoon was part pep talk, part stand-up comedy routine and part warning about the stark consequences the country faces if it doesn't start investing in health...
  • Click the above link to read the rest of the article in the StevensPointJournal.com.

Tomorrow there will be another Bloggers Call with Mike Huckabee. It will take place a few hours after I come from work. So I may or may not be asleep. If I do partake I will let y'all know about the call.

I am working on a post about sex offenders and the Czech Republic. It's not what you think, knowing American stereotypes. It's actually a good response from the Czech Republic. As a woman I find these issues important.

God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!

2 comments:

Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs said...

Haha, that picture can really express SO many different emotions.

Good update. Did you get my-email this morning? I totally blew it off last night.

-Kevin
www.ktracy.com

Michigan Redneck said...

I got the email. I am still unsure what I will be doing. I should know by this weekend.