Thursday, July 5, 2007

Mike Huckabee finished Three Mile Race in 27 minutes and 36 Seconds



Mike Huckabee walks, ahem runs, the talk. Mike Huckabee is a strong supporter of healthy lifestyles. Not only does he talk about it, he participates in a healthy lifestyle. Just yesterday in Little Rock, Ark. he ran the Firecracker 5K Race. I have to give him much praise for being so physically disciplined. I am willing to eat healthy, but it takes way more discipline to run and exercise.

Here is some of the article from TodaysTHV.com

  • Huckabee Home To Race In 5K

    He doesn't make it home very often now that he's running for President of the United States---but Mike Huckabee was in town on the 4Th of July. He was back to run the Firecracker 5k race---the race that three years ago was his first after losing more than 100 pounds.
  • Running for President is no easy feat---but running a 5k at times, can be even tougher.
  • Huckabee says, "As crazy as it sounds I’d rather do a distance running than short runs like a5K."
  • You wouldn't think for someone that has mastered a handful of marathons---a little 3-mile run would be a challenge, but just for good measure he wore the number 8 as his race number---for ‘2008’.Read more

Mike Huckabee is not only a political and American Dream inspiration for me, he is also an exercise inspiration for me. A few years ago I picked up a free ski style exercise machine. It is sitting in my bedroom collecting dust. I am truly inspired to dust it off and use it, thanks to Mike Huckabee. Does dusting count as exercise?

No comments: