Sunday, July 22, 2007

I REALLY Want to go to Iowa!



The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. That's what I was doing last night. I am trying to find bus tickets to get to the Straw Poll in Iowa. I was checking the online rates last night for going to Chicago and possibly carpool with someone, a Mike Huckabee supporter, to the Straw Poll. Or going to Ames or Des Moines and finding someone to pick me up there, to take me to wherever Mike Huckabee volunteers are supposed to meet. Well, I guess my OCD was kicking into overdrive. I kept looking at the same schedules repeatedly, only to come up with the same results. Who woulda thunk?
Greyhound has started to make taking the bus hip and cool. They even have frequent rider programs, hot seats starting at $12, even a traveling street basket-ball team. I just wish that I could find one of those "hot seat" cheap rates going to Chicago or Iowa.
I was looking at rates trying to find the cheapest possible result, over and over and over.... again. Trying to find the best schedule that would get me back home in time, so as not to take too much time off work, over and over and over... again.
If someone out there who is passing through Chicago to get to the Straw Poll could pick me up and take me I will help pay for gas. Or if someone would be willing to picking me up at the Ames or Des Moines bus station, please let me know. The bus going back from Ames leaves at 6:30am on Aug. 12. There is a bus going out of Des Moines at 11pm on August 11. For Chicago, I would have to be back in Chicago by 9am on the 12th. I will need to be back to work on Monday night. But I would like to be home as early as possible so I can get at least one decent day of sleep.
I know this is alot to ask of anyone. And I would be ever so grateful to anyone who could help. I still don't know for sure if I can get the time off. If I do go I would need to buy my tickets at least 14 days in advance.

No comments: