Thursday, July 5, 2007

Mike Huckabee Spoke to the NEA Today


Mike Huckabee was the only Republican to speak at the NEA National Meeting today. He was surprised that he was the Republican to speak. He told the audience that he was the first male in his family to graduate high school and also the first Arkansas governor in 50 years to send his kids to public schools. He talked about the importance of Arts and Music Education. About the guitar his parents bought him, “but I would never have made it to be governor had it not been for the skills that I learned from music.”


Read the full article.

There is also a video you can click on from the article. I don't have sound on my computer, but if it's a video of Mike Huckabee it's gotta be good.
UPDATE: I was able to listen to the video. I was right, as always, Mike Huckabee did a terrific job speaking at the NEA. Here's the video:



God Bless from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan!

2 comments:

Steven M Nielson said...

Great Post. I will watch the video later, but as you said, anytime Mike speaks it seems to be a very inspirational event!

Thanks again for promoting the "Get to Know Mike Huckabee" day on your site. Did you get any feedback, or did you participate yourself? I would love to hear about your experience.

And BTW, I have FINALLY added you to my blogrolls... Been meaning to for some time now.

Cheers!

Steve

Michigan Redneck said...

Steven, thank you for your comment. I did not get any feedback about the "Get to know Mike this Fourth." I was going to go to my local parade with some fliers, but it was at 1pm and I work third shift so I went to sleep. I tried to take a nap so I could get up there, but unfortunately I was too tired :(.