Monday, June 15, 2009

Reimel Family Line Part II / Edit I

Previously I had put up the Reimel Family Line Part I outline, beginning with John George (called George) Reimel. I have been able trace the Reimel family back to 1610. I did this with a combo of adding "family tree hints" from Ancestry.com and doing other internet searches to make sure everything matched up. I have since found that the "family tree matches" need to be taken with a grain of salt. I will talk about that later. I will post the info that I have so far found in outline style. My direct lines in bold. I welcome any possible corrections and/or additions. Notes in bullet points. I am still working on this family. This is not the final edition of this outline. I am trying to focus on my direct line. I hope to add more information. As soon as I find enough information, I will write up a new edition ASAP. If I have time, I will try to add info for the distant family.

1. George Reimel b. 1610 m. Maragreth Ziller July 3, 1641 d. Jan 1, 1661

  • Born in Hüttendorf, Erlangen, Bayern, Germany. Married in Bouxwiller, Germany. Died in Niedermodern, Alsace, Holy Roman Empire. In searching, I would sometimes find Niedermodern, Alsace located in France. Other times it would be located in Germany. Wanting to find which country it was and knowing that Reimel is a German name, I did an online search to see which country it was really located in. I found quite a bit of info on Wikipedia. Basically, it was a territory between France and Germany. Throughout the centuries, France and Germany fought over who would over rule Alsace. She has been under many rulerships. I have decided to add the ruling party as the country, depending on the date of said ancestors.
1.1. Otilla Reimel b. 1644
  • According to "family tree matches," this child is a female.
1.2. Anna Eva Reimel b. Mar 10, 1645
1.3. Hans George Reimel b. Feb 16, 1648 m. Catharine Scheer May 12, 1683 d. April 27, 1700
  • Born in Niedermodern, Alsace, Holy Roman Empire. Married in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France. Died in Niedermodern, Alsace, Kingdom of France.
1.3.1. Hans George Reimel b. Feb 12, 1683 m. Anna Barbara Diemer Aug 1, 1704 d. 1774
  • This is the first Reimel ancestor to arrive in America, with his wife and children who had already been born in Alsace. Born in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France. Married in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France. Now there seems to be a bit of a discrepancy as to who is wife is and what her name was, and when the marriage took place. There is an Elizabeth Viet that I find on occasion as his wife. But this woman actually died before the marriage date, so that would not make sense. What needs to be found, is something mentioning the wife being named while living in America. The George Reimel family departed Europe from Rotterdam, Netherlands. Ship name was Virtuous Grace, captained by John Bull. I am guessing this was in the beginning of 1737. They arrived in Pennsylvania on Sept 24, 1737. I have also found two possible places for his death. One as being in Virginia or Maryland. Second is Williams, Northampton Co. Pennsylvania, USA.
1.3.1.1. Jacob Johan Reimel b. June 17, 1718 d. Nov 22, 1796
  • Born in Germany. Died in Upper Mount Bethel, Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, USA
1.3.1.2. Philip Reimel b. 1726
1.3.1.3. George Reimel b. Feb 3, 1727 m. Anna Elizabeth Barbara Bender Nov 4, 1750 Re-m. Anna Margaret LaBar Aft. 1792 d. July 16, 1810
  • Born in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France. Baptized Feb 5, 1727 in the Lutheran Church. Married first wife in Upper Mount Bethel, Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, USA. Have not found info as to where the second marriage took place.
1.3.1.3.1. Elizabeth Reimel b. May 21, 1752
  • Born in Williams, Northampton Co. Pennsylvania, USA.
1.3.1.3.2. Catherine Reimel b. Dec 7, 1757 d. April 16, 1845
  • Born in Allentown, Lehigh Co., Pennsylvania, USA. Died in Washington, Butler Co., Pennsylvania, USA.
1.3.1.3.3. Magdalena Reimel b. July 11, 1760 d. Dec 1856
  • Born in Northampton Co. Pennsylvania, USA. Died in Pennsylvania, USA.
1.3.1.3.4. Christina Reimel b. 1762 d. Aug 13, 1862
  • Born in Northampton Co. Pennsylvania, USA. Died in Pennsylvania, USA.
1.3.1.3.5 Jacob Reimel b. 1773 m. Anna Maria Beck d. 1822
  • Born in Northampton Co. Pennsylvania, USA. Died in Pennsylvania, USA.
1.3.1.3.5.1. Phillip Reimel b. 1793
  • Born in Upper Mount Bethel, Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, USA
1.3.1.3.5.2. Susanna Reimel b. May 12, 1797
  • Born in Upper Mount Bethel, Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, USA
1.3.1.3.5.3. John George Reimel b. June 11, 1799 m. Elizabeth
  • Born in Upper Mount Bethel, Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, USA. Family of John George and Elizabeth Reimel continued HERE.
1.3.1.3.6. Johan George Reimel b. June 1, 1774
  • Born in Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, USA
  • I think George Reimel's second wife may have given birth to two more of his children. Not sure though. I found names of children who are buried in Upper Mount Bethel. One of the children is mentioned as a daughter to a George and Sarah Reimel.
1.3.2. Anna Barbara Reimel b. Sept 24, 1685
  • Born in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France.
1.3.3. Anna Maria Reimel b. April 14, 1688
  • Born in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France.
1.3.4. Anna Catharina Reimel b. April 3, 1688
  • Born in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France.
1.3.5. Anna Eva Reimel b. Nov 22, 1691
  • Born in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France.
1.3.6. Hans Conrad Reimel b. Mar 9, 1695
  • Born in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France.
1.3.7. Anna Catherina Reimel b. Mar 7, 1698
  • Born in Pfaffenhoffen, Alsace, Kingdom of France.
  • See what I mean, from a previous post, about taking this "tree match" stuff with a grain of salt. I am sure many of y'all can see the confusion that I am seeing. If you have any corrections, PLEASE let me know.
1.4. Margaretha Reimel b. Jan 9, 1649
1.5. Mary Reimel b. April 24, 1759

Thank you so much for taking time to read this outline. I will be posting outlines for the Reimel wives that I have found information sometime. I will write up quick posts for the Reimel wives that I have found merely scant info for.

No comments: